Woman killed in I-57 shooting near Vollmer Road - Chicago News Weekly

Friday, April 2, 2021

Woman killed in I-57 shooting near Vollmer Road

A woman was killed in a shooting April 2, 2020 on I-57 in Matteson.
A woman was killed in a shooting April 2, 2020 on I-57 in Matteson. | File photo

The shooting happened about 2:35 p.m. on I-57 near Vollmer Road in suburban Matteson, according to Illinois State Police.

A 31-year-old woman was killed in a shooting Friday afternoon on Interstate 57 in South suburban Matteson.

Troopers responded to a shooting about 2:35 p.m. on I-57 near Vollmer Road and found a woman in the driver's seat with a gunshot wound, according to Illinois State Police.

She was transported to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead, state police said.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office has not yet released information on the fatality.

No other vehicles were involved in this incident, according to state police.

The southbound ramp to Vollmer Road remained closed Friday evening for investigation.



from Chicago Sun-Times - All https://ift.tt/2R6wWLH

No comments:

Post a Comment