Savannah Guthrie has shared a new, emotional message that appears to be directed at her mother’s abductor, pleading for them to “do the right thing” and “tell us where to look for her.”
The “TODAY” co-anchor on Monday posted a video on Instagram as the search for her missing mother, Nancy Guthrie, stretches to nearly six months.
“I’m coming on today with a very specific message,” Guthrie said. “It has been months since our mom was taken from us. Our family is in agony. We are in a nightmare that will not end. Nothing about our situation has changed. We have done our part, and we will never stop looking for her. We will always ache for her and feel that hole in our hearts.”
Nancy Guthrie was taken from her home near Tucson, Arizona, early Feb. 1, according to authorities. Police think she was abducted by an intruder. She remains missing.
In her Instagram video, Savannah Guthrie appears to address the person who abducted her mother.
“The world can be a cruel and unforgiving place, and I know that you have tried to do things the right way,” she said. “So I am asking you — begging you — to do the right thing now. Make the right choice. Help us find her. Tell us where to look for her. I truly believe it is never too late to do the right thing. Help us bring this situation to an end.
“For all of us, no matter where we’ve been and what we’ve done, I believe there is always a way home,” she continued. “Please make the right choice.”
Monday’s video comes just over a month after Guthrie shared a renewed plea for help on “TODAY.”
Guthrie spoke briefly after a report June 23 about a second note sent to media outlets following Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance.
The note indicated that Nancy had died but contained no apology nor request for payment for the release of her body, three people familiar with the matter told NBC News.
“This is unusual and unprecedented to say the least, to be sitting here,” Guthrie said on “TODAY” following the report. “I don’t have any comment on this story, and I’m not involved in our coverage, but I can’t pretend I’m not here.
“And so since I am, I want to just take the opportunity to ask people, to really to beg people to come forward,” she continued. “Somebody knows something, and this is a new story today that is on your radar, but this is the life that my sister lives, that I live, that my brother lives, that our extended families live, that our children live, every day. And we are in agony. We cannot be at peace.”
Guthrie once again called for information leading to her mother’s return.
“No matter how much I try to come out here every day and smile and find that joy, and I will, I promise I will, this is a moment to tell you that we need your help,” Guthrie said on “TODAY.” “We’re begging for your help, and I’m not going to miss that opportunity. And so please, if you’re watching, no matter how small, the reward is there. You can tell us, it can be anonymous. Please do the right thing for us, for our family, for our children. We love our mom, and we’ll never stop looking for her, ever.”
Anyone with information is urged to contact 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324).
Guthrie and her family are also offering a $1 million reward for the return of her mother.
This story first appeared on TODAY.com. More from TODAY:
- Sheinelle Describes the Grief of Losing Her Husband and Grandmother Within Months of Each Other
- Close Friend of American Woman Missing on Grenada Vacation Details When She Was Last Seen
- Rick Moranis Gets Comic-Con Standing Ovation As He Comes Out Of Retirement For ‘Spaceballs 2’
This story uses functionality that may not work in our app. Click here to open the story in your web browser.
from NBC Chicago https://ift.tt/2MhLPXs
No comments:
Post a Comment