Anna Faris details ‘long conversations' she has with son Jack, 14, over religion - Chicago News Weekly

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Anna Faris details ‘long conversations' she has with son Jack, 14, over religion

Anna Faris is opening up about the conversations she and her 14-year-old son, Jack, have about religion.

Faris, who shares Jack with ex-husband Chris Pratt, described the teen as someone who is as “solid as a tugboat emotionally” during a recent appearance on comedian Chelsea Handler’s “Dear Chelsea” podcast.

“He just doesn’t get easily jarred. He handles situations really well,” Faris said.

The “Mom” alum, 49, added that Jack is far more “religious” than she is, which has prompted discussions between mother and son.

“I didn’t grow up with religion,” Faris said. “He’s asked me to accept Jesus Christ … and I told him that I would do anything for him, including this, but it’s still going to take a whole lot of long conversations.”

Faris said she found Jack “impressive” in his willingness to have discussions about their beliefs.

“I try to challenge him, I’m like, ‘Do you think it’s a luxury that you get to be pro-life? Do you think that’s kind of a luxury?’ He’s like, ‘Maybe,’” she said. “Or I’ll say, ‘So what do you think of this megapastor that’s kind of a grifter? What do you think?’ He’s like, ‘Oh, megapastors are the worst.’

“So it’s like, ‘OK …we’re getting there,’” she said.

“I’m appreciative that he’s examining religion the way he is in terms of recognizing hypocrisy, starting to recognize hypocrisy. And I’m appreciative that we can have these long conversations,” she added.

Faris and Pratt welcomed Jack in 2012 after tying the knot in 2009. The former couple parted ways in 2017.

Pratt has said he “made a deal with God” to protect Jack after he was born prematurely.

“I prayed hard to God. I was in a season of transition spiritually at that time and didn’t quite fully understand,” the “Guardians of the Galaxy” franchise star told the Christian Post in 2025.

After God “saved” his son, Pratt’s faith was “cemented,” he said.

Faris and Pratt, 47, have continued co-parenting Jack together. Both have also found love again.

Faris eloped with cinematographer Michael Barrett in 2021, while Pratt married Katherine Schwarzenegger, whom he met at church, in 2019. The couple share two daughters, Lyla, 6, and Eloise, 4, and a son, Ford, who turns 2 in November.

This story first appeared on TODAY.com. More from TODAY:



from NBC Chicago https://ift.tt/Bi7Aws6

No comments:

Post a Comment